Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Three thingsm I'm thankful for... 6/17

Ok. I was listening to a sermon by Adam Hamilton from the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection today about surviving through life's trials. One suggestion was to end the day by writing down three things that I am thankful for each day. He quoted a study that showed that people who do this over an extended period had a healthier mental state, so we'll see if that holds true. I am going to try to be faithful to this every day.

1.) I would be in trouble if I didn't start out by saying that I am thankful for my wife. She is truly my better half, Columbia DS Willie Burchfield said it better when he introduced his wife as his better 7/8. Angie keeps me grounded and sees me as I want to be. She calls me on my BS and keeps me on the straight and narrow, but she also allows me to have my wild hairs every now and then. I love her dearly and I thank God for her.

2.) Today I am thankful for the gift of music, not my ability to play, but the privilege to have an extensive music library. My favorite way to decompress is to sit at my laptop with my headphones on and listen to music for hours. I love all kinds I only have two genres good and bad.

3.) Today I am thankful for Dr. Pat Whittemore, professor of religion at Martin Methodist College for his willingness to make time to help me with a baptism even though we have had scheduling problems. He is gracious and extremely helpful. Thanks, Dr. Pat.

No comments: