Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Enough is Enough

I am so sick of all the negativity, anger, and hatred being spewed forth in this country, much of it from so-called Christians. There is nothing wrong about being passionate about issues, but we are to the point where dialog is pointless because it always degrades into a shouting match and an insult-fest. We have to be open to others ideas and *gasp* we have to be open to the notion that we might be wrong. It seems I cannot engage in a discussion without someone making snide, sarcastic comments or insinuating that I am stupid or a heretic or a stupid heretic. Maybe it is time for me to take a vacation from the blogosphere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your experience has led me to vacation from the blogosphere more than once.

Staying away from conversations and blogs that degenerate into ugliness is one strategy that helps me. I lapse from time to time, though.